This is the mail archive of the
newlib@sources.redhat.com
mailing list for the newlib project.
Confusion trying to Cross Compile
- From: "Doug Broadwell" <dougb at value dot net>
- To: "Newlib Mail List" <newlib at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:42:27 -0700
- Subject: Confusion trying to Cross Compile
- Organization: DBA Associates
- Reply-to: "Doug Broadwell" <dougb at value dot net>
Hello all,
I've built a cross gcc and newlib for an embedded target using the latest
releases; m68k-unknown-coff on i686-pc-linux-gnu. As I already have an
m68k-coff compiler loaded for uClinux, I installed the new one in a
different path (/opt/xgcc/run). Reading through the "Using and Porting GNU
CC" book (for 2.7.2), I am very confused as to how and where to specify the
search paths, and the order thereof, to search for headers and libraries.
An example is stdlib.h: one resides in lib/gcc-lib/m68k-coff/3.2/include
and the other in m68k-coff/include; they are different, which order should
those be searched?
I'm also confused as to whether I need to edit configure.in for libgloss via
autoconf or not for my specific target board (Lineo uCdimm in this case).
Thanks very much, Doug Broadwell