libffi API improvements

----- "Rainer Orth" <ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> wrote:
> Let me repeat another time: I'm not interested in changing or
> redefining
> the libffi API in any way.  That's for the libffi maintainers to
> pursue.

Sorry for distracting from your original subject -- let's move API discussion to another subject thread.

Of course, suggestions for API are perfectly in scope for this list, so debating worthwhile changes is a useful thing to do.

If the scope of these changes involves changing existing exported APIs, then we'd probably want to release as libffi 4.0.0. I'm not sure how Anthony feels about this. Thoughts?

Regards,
Dan.