This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: 405/440/464/476 support and optimizations
- From: Ryan Arnold <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: luisgpm at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: libc-ports <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, rsa <rsa at us dot ibm dot com>, Todd Iglehart <iglehart at us dot ibm dot com>, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:45:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: 405/440/464/476 support and optimizations
- References: <1283448864.3854.56.camel@gargoyle>
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Luis Machado
> This patch adds powerpc 405/440/464/476 platforms to ports and adds 3
> memory (memcpy,memcmp,memset) optimizations and 4 string function
> (strcmp,strncmp,strcpy,strlen) optimizations (provided by Todd, copied),
> placed under 405, so all those platforms can use those optimized
> The patch also adds the required Makefile, sysdeps structure and Implies
> Is this OK?
> 2010-09-02 ÂTodd Iglehart Â<email@example.com>
> Â Â Â Â Â ÂRyan Arnold Â<firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Â Â Â Â Â ÂLuis Machado Â<email@example.com>
Todd doesn't have FSF copyright assignment so he shouldn't be on the ChangeLog.
> diff --git a/sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/405/memcmp.S b/sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/405/memcmp.S
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000..c0314e6
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/405/memcmp.S
> @@ -0,0 +1,132 @@
> +/* Optimized memcmp implementation for PowerPC476.
> + Â Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> + Â Contributed by Todd Iglehart <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
> + Â This file is part of the GNU C Library.
Since Todd doesn't have copyright assignment these changes are
contributed to the FSF by IBM without author/contributor attribution.
You can simply attribute the changes to him in the email leaving his
name out of the sources per FSF policy and submit them on IBM's