This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: Problem with glibc-2.5 on ARM
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Philip Balister <philip dot balister at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:54:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem with glibc-2.5 on ARM
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 02:49:32PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> I'm running glibc-2.5 on the TI OSK board (ARM processor) and when I
> try to start dropbear I trip over an assert in check_pf.c. Here is the
> message along with the output from some printf's I added:
Old ABI or EABI?
> root@omap5912osk:~$ dropbear -F
> sizeof req = 24
> offset of pad = 20
> offset of nlmsghdr = 0
> offset of rtgenmsg = 16
> sizeof nlmsghdr = 16
> sizeof rtgenmsg = 4
> dropbear: ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/check_pf.c:75: make_request:
> Assertion `sizeof (req) - ((size_t) &((struct req *)0)->pad) == 3'
> It looks like the assert was added in May, 2006. Does anyone have any
> suggestions for what to try next?
Looks somewhat like a bug. I wonder if we've only run the testsuite on
EABI systems without netlink.