This is the mail archive of the libc-help@sourceware.org mailing list for the glibc project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: A possible libc/dlmopen/pthreads bug


On 01/24/2018 10:27 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> On 24/01/2018 15:46, Vivek Das Mohapatra wrote:
>>> In fact I think Vivek examples of running process with two different libcs
>>> are working mainly because the different glibc define and access the shared
>>> resources in same manner.  I bet it will break the moment we change some
>>> state internal layout or semantic (for instance the __stack_user struct size).
>>
>> A slight correction - we are deliberately using the _same_ libc to
>> avoid exactly that problem - it's that dlmopen as currently implemented
>> creates a new mapping of the same libc for the dlmopen namespace.
>>
>> I also don't need (or expect) complete isolation of the libc cluster:
>> If I could, I would share the same mapping of libc & co with the main
>> link map.
> 
> Right, you first message gave the impression based on the provided
> chart that you expected libc isolation as well. I still think we should
> clarify the dlmopen semantics, but we can work on this through bug
> reports and issue like this one you brought.
> 
> I think best course of action is still open a bug report with a possible
> testcase.  I will ping Carlos to check his idea about it, he seemed
> interested with previous dlmopen issues.

Correct, we need to drive the development forward using specific use cases.

-- 
Cheers,
Carlos.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]