This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Unexplainable deadlock detection assert in libpthread
- From: "Patrick Schlangen" <patrick at schlangen dot me>
- To: "Schmitz, Arne" <Arne dot Schmitz at nuance dot com>
- Cc: <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:01:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unexplainable deadlock detection assert in libpthread
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <MWHPR0501MB3916FF6043F5BD980262093FE3260@MWHPR0501MB3916.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: "Patrick Schlangen" <patrick at schlangen dot me>
can you give some more information on the involved mutex, i.e. is it a recursive
a PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP or a PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP mutex (the latter would
be the default AFAIR)?
If it's of 'default' PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP type, to my understanding of the code,
it would lead to the observed assertion and the check returning EDEADLK you pointed
out in your marker would NOT be performed.
You don't, by any chance, lock the mutex from any signal handler?