This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: problems building glibc
- From: Toby Douglass <toby_public at winterflaw dot net>
- To: "libc-help at sourceware dot org" <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 21:34:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: problems building glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <YTOPR01MB0265F1E5A751BD52AA38F399A3BA0@YTOPR01MB0265.CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
On 12/11/16 21:25, John Lumby wrote:
> Long ago I discovered that it is almost impossible to build glibc with --prefix set to anything other than its default
> and I seem to remember then finding this documented in a few unofficial places.
> Unless it has somehow relaxed this , then I'd suggest you try with that(**).
> (I do not pretend to know or guess whether this explains your actual problem with the crtxxx.o)
This seems akin to my experiences so far building GCC - I can due to
those earlier experiences certainly give immediate and uncritical
credence to the possibility of an arcane and underground connection
between the setting of prefix and my error.
I will give it a whirl immediately after the completion of dinner.