This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFH: Annotating ELF binaries
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, devel at lists dot fedoraproject dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 15:22:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFH: Annotating ELF binaries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <8C6DA8A9-24E4-43DE-8BE9-4A2B3AAC6964@adacore.com>
> This will generalise attributes used by some architectures (ppc, arm), won't it ?
Yes. Or at least it would if implemented as currently proposed. Maybe a better
solution would be to only record attributes where they are not already covered by
some target specific solution.
Personally I would prefer a nice, generalised solution, but the current target
specific attributes are mandated by the particular ABIs and so presumably are not
going to go away.