This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFH: Annotating ELF binaries
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, devel at lists dot fedoraproject dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 16:13:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFH: Annotating ELF binaries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On 04 Nov 2016, at 16:02, Nick Clifton <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> We (the tools team at Red Hat) are working on a project to add
> annotations to ELF binaries, so that we can answer various questions
> about them. We have set up a wiki page about the project here:
> We would very much like this to be something more than just an
> internal project, and so we are reaching out to you for your opinions,
> suggestions and advice. If you are interested in being able answer
> questions such as 'how was this function compiled ?' or 'is this
> library compatible with this application ?' then please take a minute
> to have a look at the proposal.
This will generalise attributes used by some architectures (ppc, arm), won't it ?