Re: DNS Resolver library testing

On 21/08/15 23:43, Holliday, Robert wrote:
Is there a contact with the GLIBC library, that would be willing to work with Codenomicon,
to scan the DNS Resolver library, and report the vulnerabilities to the GLIBC community,
which would help get them fixed and make the DNS library used more secure?

Please contact cross@codenomicon.com. They have worked with many other
open source projects to make them less vulnerable. I am not able to get the
DNS library scanned by them, they will only work with members of the GLIBC team.

Thanks.
If you already have the tool, and have already found

"many zero-day vulnerabilities" on it, why is the contact to codenomicon needed?

I mean, I welcome that it gets fuzzed and codenomicon offers that, but IMHO that should be *in addition* of reporting (and fixing) the vulnerabilities you already found, which should be step 1…