This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: dl-open/dl-lookup/dl-close potential bug
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Mathieu Westphal <mathieu dot westphal at kitware dot com>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:58:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: dl-open/dl-lookup/dl-close potential bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAC2t4USwSvhcoZTQ7E-MWnv561OUw3zn1e7hWNaA6WKg-cO9uw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 09:06:57AM +0200, Mathieu Westphal wrote:
> looking at source it appears that calling a dlclose on a library with
> DF_A_NODELETE flag positioned will fail with an assert error :
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 764: _dl_close: Assertion
> `map->l_init_called' failed!
> I would prefer if it could fail a bit more silently, so it will not be
> necessary to choose between "closable" and "non-closable" lib when
> closing libraries.
> For example a error value.
> Or it may be simply a bug
> What do you think ?
Looks like bug. Its should be nop for undeletable ones. This bug looks
familliar so try search bugzilla if its duplicate or not.