This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
dl-open/dl-lookup/dl-close potential bug
- From: Mathieu Westphal <mathieu dot westphal at kitware dot com>
- To: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 09:06:57 +0200
- Subject: dl-open/dl-lookup/dl-close potential bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
looking at source it appears that calling a dlclose on a library with
DF_A_NODELETE flag positioned will fail with an assert error :
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 764: _dl_close: Assertion
I would prefer if it could fail a bit more silently, so it will not be
necessary to choose between "closable" and "non-closable" lib when
For example a error value.
Or it may be simply a bug
What do you think ?