This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] new gconv modules for digital TV encodings
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Akihiro TSUKADA <tskd08 at gmail dot com>, libc-help at sourceware dot org, vapier at gentoo dot org
- Cc: carlos at systemhalted dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:10:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] new gconv modules for digital TV encodings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150305223255 dot GD19311 at vapier> <1425654747-6213-1-git-send-email-tskd08 at gmail dot com> <20150313060322 dot GK877 at vapier> <5503B25B dot 30508 at gmail dot com>
On 03/14/2015 12:00 AM, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:
> Thank you for the kind explanation.
> Before I post my question, I was aware that glibc does not include
> gconv modules for domain-specific encondings like mine,
> and that's why I post the question.
> so I understand that my gconv modules won't be accepted.
> I can take an alternative approach if they are not included in glibc,
> as I already posted my gconv modules to v4l-utils (libdvb5) project,
> by building them as external modules and asking users to set GCONV_PATH.
> Although it is a bit inconvenient, but it works anyway.
That is probably the best way forward.