This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: turn off VDSO on glibc side
- From: heroxbd <heroxbd at gentoo dot org>
- To: libc-help <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 08:48:15 +0900
- Subject: Re: turn off VDSO on glibc side
- References: <87fvvymich dot fsf at proton dot in dot awa dot tohoku dot ac dot jp> <CAAHN_R3m=ZcyR6aCzPqweRL=y1rJdv2Z6P=yW4RFynCeOrSkdw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Siddhesh Poyarekar <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Ask the SA to upgrade the kernel unless there's a really good reason
> to stay on an old, possibly vulnerable kernel. You've solved the
> wrong problem by disabling vdso.
I totally agree with you, and don't like this solution either. At the
same time, in real life having a hack like this is better than nothing.