This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
disabling sse3/sse4 in libc
- From: Akanksha Jain <akanksha at cs dot utexas dot edu>
- To: libc-help <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:19:10 -0500
- Subject: disabling sse3/sse4 in libc
- References: <CAM=c4VrnRLivaB=gFiFrFqmApA4D4ic2H0pBy_1A2Usm8GCFJg@mail.gmail.com>
I would like to disable all SSE3/4 versions of functions in glibc. I
am doing some experiments with a micro-architectural simulator which
does not have support for SSE3 and 4. In order for my simulator to
execute the program, the executable should be devoid of any SSE3/4
instructions. My understanding is that the functions are chosen in
the library based on the CPUID. Is there a way I can disable SSE3/4 or
pass a non-native CPUID?
Thanks in advance!
Department of Computer Science
University of Texas at Austin