This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Can I compile with MMX and SSE/SSE2 instruction sets ?
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: Timothy Madden <terminatorul at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:52:06 +0530
- Subject: Re: Can I compile with MMX and SSE/SSE2 instruction sets ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 23 June 2012 19:10, Timothy Madden <email@example.com> wrote:
> and I got a make error when I tried to do `make check` and no checks were
Please post the error message.
> Are my compile flags not supported by glibc ? Is there a way to compile the
> library with MMX and SSE instruction sets ? Can you please write in the
> INSTALL file that /lib/libc.so will still be installed with --prefix=/usr,
> even if install_root=$HOME/usr is used on the `make install` command line ?
> More importantly: is there a way to get my system back now ? Can I copy
> /usr/lib/libc.so to /lib/libc.so ?
Boot using a rescue disk and copy over the stock libc files. I know
Fedora as a rescue mode in its installer disk, so check if slackware
has something similar.