This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Is it possible to preserve flags for fetestexcept() inside signal handler
- From: Jed Brown <jed at 59A2 dot org>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:46:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Is it possible to preserve flags for fetestexcept() inside signal handler
- References: <CAM9tzSm0LsUnvxEbkcaOX_akXFQE2xodfsh0Ph=+wU-Hi-Wm_A@mail.gmail.com><20120607175451.GA26038@lios>
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Carlos O'Donell
> You must not call fetestexcept() from a signal handler since it is
> not async-signal safe.
> Unfortunately there isn't any infrastructure in glibc to do what
> you want.
Okay, thank you. If there is an opportunity to support this use case,
it would save a lot of time in some HPC scenarios where it's expensive
to get a core file or a debugging session.