Re: Help for graduate research - how are NLTP routines implemented atthe OS level

Matt,

I have had OS class and we actually implemented threading from scratch
on Linux,
but the focus of my inquiry is on the compilation process
and the decomposition of the user-view of the concurrent program into
a system/machine-view
artifacts.

In my paper would ideally want to have a fragment of a source code in C
invoking some common pthreads routines,
then an assembler or a discussion showing how compiler translates that
code and into what.

I have this for Java (monitors, for JVM) and for Haskell, but I would
also like to show how
compiler processes C, since both of the compilers (javac, ghc) are
written in C and so
I would like to show what happens when C-compiler compiles Java or
Haskell compiler
assuming Linux and pthreads.

Regards,
Edmon