This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Cross build glibc-port2.7 problem with tls and kernel version.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: takanobu watanabe <rreedd555 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:16:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cross build glibc-port2.7 problem with tls and kernel version.
- References: <AANLkTi=0MVhcQxDWSDg8AjSwmnWOhMhEoQJLbT5DjkWR@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:01 AM, takanobu watanabe <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thanks Andreas,
>>> $ ../../glibc-2.7/configure --with-headers=/usr/arm/src/linux/include
>> You need to run "make headers_install" in your kernel tree and point
>> --with-headers to the usr/include directory inside it.
> at that time I did it too.
> I think maybe ARM (v5tejl) is not support TLS.
> and also all asm-generic did copy to asm.
ARMv5 does support TLS.
> then I try comment out it,Because anyway when compile ?glibc --without-tls.
Don't disable TLS, you will not get a working configuration.
> /* We reuire TLS support in the tools.
> #ifndef HAVE_TLS_SUPPORT
> # error "TLS support is required."
> Now compile error is
> ../include/limits.h:125:26 error: limits.h: No such file or directory.
> Interesting which limits.h are none...
> target is ARM (v5tejl) .
> cross compiler is Sourcery G++ Lite for ARM GNU/Linux 2010q1-202.
> binutils 2.18.1
> kernel 18.104.22.168
If you already have a cross compiler why not use that?