Re: dlopen/dlclose behaviour - real reloading from disk required.

Dnia 2009-12-11, piÄ o godzinie 09:42 -0500, Carlos O'Donell pisze:
> 2009/12/10 Petr Baudis <pasky@suse.cz>:
> >> How can I force real reloading of the modified version?
> >>
> >> I can provide a test case if someone wants to check it.
> >
> > That would be good. I'm not completely familiar with ld.so innards, but
> > according to dlclose() documentation, it might be that some other
> > library still keeps the refcount up... You could also try to watch in
> > detail what ld.so does by setting $LD_DEBUG appropriately (see man
> > ld.so).
>
> Note that no object which is the target of relocation may be removed
> by dlclose, unless the object which had the relocation is itself also
> unloaded. If your plugin resolved a relocation from another object, it
> will never be unloaded. So keep that in mind.
Xorg keeps that file open - it was my fault. I checked _new_ file with
lsof which obviousle wasn't open. I think that it's the case you
mentioned above (I'm just guessing), so real unload is not possible.
Thanks for your time!
--
Przemo