This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Testsuite issue - iconvdata/gconv-modules
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: "Greg Schafer" <gschafer at zip dot com dot au>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:37:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Testsuite issue - iconvdata/gconv-modules
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=6kb3DPsvKSuGvsGWo0gAtL307NUfmIkKfu/RKjV/ZAk=; b=Lz9jTKsTb1JHcZEnXUUwKdu9Txjcv5o5jBR04rPQg7LHCX5pRygYyKTsHMh7zojzZl kjOgi5fpVyK9EW3WqZPFhWZ8IVKJY7Cd2YTvIrVOO9+Iu688QbXjCEy4Pn85vX4bQNGE ZvWKVhyWbCQKNa9mHSRl0oLJhv+vpEL098y/s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=SMcjVVSr09EiKQvqeBRS7nNmMKF/N8X5pUj3yXCtmb7xjvHz6NhU4BDdVwOIaeEjUf 1GGUSMTyFYZLxgvtY1A011PeU3ul+z9dZO9pIFbO6r0G7nmPDA7ogPFrTs4/9SkC72hq dsXj/9FGOTto6tVMpN9HlOqB0m7rteOZdSU+8=
- References: <20080923134032.GA31573@eyo32.local> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080923140046.GA31713@eyo32.local>
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Greg Schafer <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:45:15AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Could you please check to see if a bug has been filed for this, if not
>> please file one.
> Can't really see the point. These days Glibc cross-compilation seems to be
> discouraged and not supported.
I encourage and help people with cross-compiling issues.
So would the EGLIBC community, which is based on GLIBC.
If you don't wish to file an issue, please file an issue with the
>> This issue will effect users that are cross-compiling.
> Erm, I thought the Glibc tests were not run when cross-compiling (except of
> course if the whole kit and caboodle is copied to the target system and
> various hoops are jumped through).
You mean like this?
>> What workaround are you currently using? Setting $PATH?
> Immediately prior to running the testsuite:
> cp -v ../glibc-$GLIBC_VER/iconvdata/gconv-modules iconvdata
Thanks, that's not a bad solution. I think that the current EGLIBC
tests are probably being run against the target's installed
gconv-modules. Which is not correct.