Re: glibc-2.8 and libiberty

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@rymdraket.net> wrote:
> I have been playing around with glibc, FORTIFY_SOURCE and gcc.
> After I installed glibc-2.8 I started to get problems with building gcc, gdb and binutils.
> The thing they have in common (and the place of breakage) is libiberty.

This is a bug in libiberty. When FORTIFY_SOURCE is specified, glibc
turns asprintf into a macro, and libiberty doesn't expect this.

Look at gcc/MAINTAINERS for the current maintainers of libiberty in
gcc, and email them for suggestions on how best to proceed.

Gentoo is using this patch to fix the issue:
https://hardened.gentooexperimental.org/secure/attachment/ticket/33/libiberty.h-asprintf-glibc-2.8.patch