This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Need help in properly formatting a patch for glibc
- From: "Ryan Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: "Denys Vlasenko" <dvlasenk at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:42:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: Need help in properly formatting a patch for glibc
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=CzxbK4xLMTQOxaB9VOTl+N5syuL1QjuIiVDEgQEnUc0=; b=la/4cR9vZDEEL17F3YIrCX03Qx2Y1xE6/nLdWguBdKE2Pz5ghScATYiYEHOgU9ja+o vQaWk+7XET058mMN2tbtGeYF/ZCkwun1EeF4d5NvwAdajgL1uO56vm+uL4y6myuFDtKT YWCTd/Sp4ZH9GBYIebz74okTG8y3Lv6ofDbw4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=LOQaYbm7rnAswRH5CaB882nuIwURXCFKDnoUEAEoKyizWLPKeanRwz0ZNvy3YhRA7J 5516AKWn0Fq83drgHyY7KtE8LVrNAblkgwUBIki4mqF0/iX3bosnBYT2R1qnPScRTcOI QIUFfQ/aVgEIHJkhhk/KarHgRD5fAqzllaw0U=
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Denys Vlasenko <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Please advice what I did wrong, and what is the correct Changelog
You need a <tab> before the *.
The path in the ChangeLog should be in reference to the closes
ChangeLog to the file changed. In this case the GLIBC root directory
ChangeLog, hence, malloc/malloc.c.
You need to include the function changed following the file, i.e.
You need to capitalize the first word of each change line.
You need to end each line with a period.
If the comments take more than one line then indent every continuation
with a preceding tab as well but don't include the *.
So I think it should look something like this:
2008-18-08 Denys Vlasenko <email@example.com>
<tab>* malloc/malloc.c (public_rEALLOc): Fix a case of realloc not
copying entire block.
Ryan "I always get beat up over ChangeLogs" Arnold