Re: ../include/dlfcn.h:14: warning: `regparm' attribute directive ignored

Greg McGary <greg@mcgary.org> writes:

> Do these work for profiling?  regparm is disabled for PROF as well.
> I haven't yet looked for assembler functions that expect callers
> to obey regparm, so can you give me some hints about where to look?

The main problem I remember are the functions fixup and profile_fixup.
They are not used during profiling (wel, they could but probably
nobody did so far).  The assembly code in sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h
depends on the values coming in in parameters.

But I admit it's hard and ugly to fix it.  The first parameter for
both functions is a pointer.  One could possibly mark these pointers
__unbounded but this is ugly as well.

I don't know in the moment whether there are other place where
regparms is assumed.  Ther might be and you will find them easily by
having programs crash.