Re: patch with larger errors for "float"

On 1/20/20 8:10 AM, paul zimmermann wrote:
> please find attached a patch with new values for auto-libm-test-in,
> giving larger error bounds on x86_64 for binary32 (float).
>
> Those values were found by MPCHECK (http://mpcheck.gforge.inria.fr/).
>
> If the format of this patch is ok, I will submit similar patches for
> double, long double and float128.

Paul,

It is always great to have new inputs that exercise corner cases in
the current algorithms.

We are currently frozen for glibc 2.31 release and will re-open at
the start of February.

In general when creating patches like this we would look for a
complete patch that could be applied with git-am, this includes a
commit message that describes how you achieved these numbers.

It would also be great if you updated the ULPs file for x86_64
given the larger error bounds e.g. make regenulps.

The detailed contribution checklist for glibc is here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist

It is not clear to me if you need a copyright assignment for the
mechanical addition of extra inputs and additions to the ULPs file.
I would say you don't because the mechanical nature of the work.

Carlos.