Re: [COMMITTED] Update Translations

On 18/01/20 6:53 am, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> If they work and are what you were recommended to do then I'd just
> commit them.
>
> The use of msgmerge in the first patch looks OK to me.
>
> The use of msgattrib in the second patch looks OK to me also.

OK thanks.

> What about the comment on Release in the wiki that the update-translations
> target does not pull in new partial translations?

The comment is kinda incorrect, i.e. it's not about whether the
translations are complete or partial, it's about whether they've been
msgmerge'd in or not.

> Can we get rid of the scripts in 6.4 and 6.12 in the Release instructions?

Those are the files Benno said were generated from the latest po files.
 So in effect, pulling in those files is the same as pulling in the
latest files and calling msgmerge on them.

So we can get rid of those scripts in the release instructions once
update-translations also does msgmerge.

Siddhesh