Re: [COMMITTED] Update Translations

On 1/17/20 6:52 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
On 18/01/20 4:24 am, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
This has been a confusing part of the release process for me for a
long time. It hasn't been exactly clear what process we're supposed
to follow. If you have a clear process we should update to match.

I think the patches I have posted for the update-translations target
should make things clear; they're based on recommendations from Benno
and make sense to me:

https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2020-01/msg00373.html
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2020-01/msg00376.html

With that, a `make update-translations` should get us consistent
results.  What do you think?

If they work and are what you were recommended to do then I'd just
commit them.

The use of msgmerge in the first patch looks OK to me.

The use of msgattrib in the second patch looks OK to me also.

What about the comment on Release in the wiki that the update-translations
target does not pull in new partial translations?

Can we get rid of the scripts in 6.4 and 6.12 in the Release instructions?

Carlos.