Re: 2.31: glibc master is now kinda, sorta, frozen

On 2020/1/1 12:29 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
- New DSO sorting algorithm and test script
     https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2019-07/msg00472.html
     https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2019-07/msg00473.html

Chung-Lin, based on Carlos' review comments, a new revision looks like a
fair amount of work, which makes this unsuitable as a release blocker.
I suggest we drop this from the blocker list so that you're not rushed
into pushing a patchset.  Please do post the patch for review in the
meantime since we're still OK to do reviews; just that you can only
commit after the 2.31 release is done.

Hi Siddhesh,
as Carlos' review suggests, and what I'm working on right now, can this still
make 2.31 as a non-default tunable option? Since the new algorithm does have
some slight behavior difference, it may be better to make available earlier
than later for users to try.

I will try to update the patches and respond to Carlos' review in detail within
the week.

Thanks,
Chung-Lin