Re: 2.31: < 2 weeks to go

* Siddhesh Poyarekar:

> Less than two weeks to go for 2.31 freeze.  I intend to announce a
> freeze on 31st December around afternoon IST.  Here's a reminder that if
> you'd like your patchset considered for inclusion during the freeze, it
> needs to be in the blockers list on the release page[1].  Please cc me
> in patch pings if you haven't been able to get reviews and need attention.

What should we do about the built-in system call tables?  I think it's
desirable to have this in the release to get a well-defined system call
profile after the the Y2038 changes.  Otherwise, there will be a lot of
variance regarding the system calls glibc makes depending on which
version of the kernel headers glibc was built with.

  <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2019-12/msg00567.html>

The actual code changes (the first two patches) could go in before the
build-many-glibcs.py changes have been reviewed.  I think the updating
logic now follows Joseph's suggestion, but I don't know if the changes I
did on build-many-glibcs.py are acceptable from a consistency/style
perspective.

Thanks,
Florian