Question on compiling glibc

Dear developers:

Sorry for troubling you. I am not sure if it is okay for me to send inquiry email to this address.

Recently I am compiling glibc 2.23 on ubuntu 16.04 via the following commands:

configure --disable-sanity-checks CFLAGS="-O3" CC="gcc -s" && make

I expected to compile all libraries especially ld.so under stripped mode. But getting "not stripped" message using "file ld.so".

Where can I find document on describing such options? And how can I get it right?

Besides, the reason why I want it stripped because of libraries on my host are stripped. I checked them using "file" command.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Jason