Re: test-in-container: Moving a test to a particular location *before* execution?

On 12/10/19 3:28 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Is there ever going to be a case where the program we exec is *not* the
> test we just built?

I don't think so...

> Or do we define the testsuite that way?

Exactly.

Today we define:
- How a test is built.
  - CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, object it is built with.
- How a test is run.
  - env vars.
  - But not where a test is run from.

I could have used a script wrapper and a special test to do
all of this work manually, but that seems silly.

The *only* thing we're missing from the above is:

  - Where does the test run from?
    - Location of executable relative to new installed glibc.

Nominally this is extracted from the location of the binary
in the build tree, and that's not useful for many path related
tests e.g. DST $ORIGIN.

If the program we exec is *not* the test we just built, then
the solution is to rewrite the test to *make it* the program
we will exec. If not, then you're just going to use the script
file to copy the secondary binary into the right place, and the
first binary (perhaps the same binary) just re-execs itself from
the right location (something I didn't want to have to do for all
such tests).

Thoughts?

Carlos.