This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid late malloc failure in dlopen [BZ #25112]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 16:09:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid late malloc failure in dlopen [BZ #25112]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Florian Weimer:
> Note that this patch has a not-quite-trivial textual conflict with
> But this should be easy enough to resolve. This patch depends on the
> lazy binding failure fix:
> With this change, I believe we can no longer raise exceptions after ELF
> constructors have run. The only user code that runs prior to dlopen
> failure consists of IFUNC resolvers. I believe that as a result, we can
> can change dlopen in a future patch to ignore the NODELETE flag on new
> mappings on failure, fixing bug 20839.
> I did not write a test for this because of the difficulty of injection
> malloc failures.
Sorry, the patch is incomplete. There are more issues. I updated the