This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/4] Remove math-finite.h
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:11:01 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] Remove math-finite.h
- References: <VI1PR0801MB212753501D9DA1AA00BC7BA583E20@VI1PR0801MB2127.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com> <email@example.com>
On 16/07/2019 15:19, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> On 26/06/2019 10:57, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
>> Remove math-finite.h redirections for math functions.
>> Passes buildmanyglibc.
>> 2019-06-26 Wilco Dijkstra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * bits/math-finite.h: Delete file.
>> * math/Makefile: Remove math-finite.h from installed headers.
>> * math/math.h: Remove math-finite.h inclusions.
>> * sysdeps/ia64/fpu/bits/math-finite.h: Delete file.
> I think the reasons laid out on original proposal  are reasonable.
> The math-finite.h is the optimization that sounded like a brilliant idea
> but ended up as just extra complexity when proper optimization were applied
> for the original intent.
> Reviewed-by: Adhemerval Zanella <email@example.com>
>  https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2019-03/msg00395.html
I chatted with Wilco and I will commit this patch shortly on his