Re: Contribution checklist v2

On Mon, 07 Oct 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:

>Note that the release checklist
><https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release> needs updating to include the
>step of adding the generated ChangeLog in the release.  I think that comes
>right after updating version.h and features.h, and before tagging: run the
>script (in some way that needs to be documented) and commit the results as
>ChangeLog.  That thereby ensures the ChangeLog is in release tarballs
>without needing to change how those tarballs are created.

Yes, that sounds really good to me and I wonder if we shouldn't stop
writing ChangeLogs now, because the ChangeLogs we write in this cycle will
likely be overwritten by the output of gitlog_to_changelog.py (I'm not
sure if that's what people here had in mind, but I would be happy with
this approach).