This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH v2] Make tst-strftime2 depend on locale generation
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot net dot br>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <pc at us dot ibm dot com>, "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom at ascii dot art dot br>
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:43:05 -0300
- Subject: [PATCH v2] Make tst-strftime2 depend on locale generation
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 08 Oct 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:
>Doesn't tst-strftime3 have the same problem? Looks good otherwise.
On Tue, 08 Oct 2019, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
>Likewise for tst-strftime3.out ?
>I've never seen an error there, but the test does depend on locales too.
Yes, you are right. I haven't noticed a problem because these test may
get the locale from the system and the locale from the system I'm testing
on was good/new enough for tst-strftime3 (but not for tst-strftime2).
With the system locales deleted/inaccessible, both tests may fail before
v1 of this patch. The following version solves the problem for both
tst-strftime2 and tst-strftime3, as well as it adds a ChangeLog entry.
Is the following patch OK for master?
From 083391d58262b045f39c59253dfb3f60e80a4531 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 14:32:17 -0300
Subject: [PATCH v2] Make tst-strftime2 and tst-strftime3 depend on locale
Building the test cases in parallel might make tst-strftime2 and
tst-strftime3 fail. Simply re-running the test case (or building
serially) makes the problem go away. This patch adds the necessary
dependency to allow parallel builds in the time subdirectory.
Tested for powerpc64le.
* Makefile: Fix locale dependency for a couple of tests.
($(objpfx)tst-strftime2.out): New rule.
Reviewed-by: Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <email@example.com>
time/Makefile | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
diff --git a/time/Makefile b/time/Makefile
index b9217992a6..ad8844ea34 100644
@@ -61,6 +61,8 @@ include ../gen-locales.mk
tz-cflags = -DTZDIR='"$(zonedir)"' \