This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] manual: Remove warning in the documentation of the abort function
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: rms at gnu dot org, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at gnu dot org>, Raymond Nicholson <rain1 at airmail dot cc>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 12:28:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] manual: Remove warning in the documentation of the abort function
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks, this change looks good to me, both for the reasons you mentioned
and for other reasons discussed when the topic came up before.
For those who'd like a review of this controversial topic, here is a
list of some of the relevant messages; each message starts a thread that
can be quite lengthy. I've read all the messages in these threads, and
taken collectively it does appear that although there are strong
opinions on both sides, removal would be in the best interests of the