Re: When can we stop writing ChangeLogs?

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:

>* Siddhesh Poyarekar:
>
>> On 30/09/19 2:36 pm, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>> I'm looking for something far simpler here—a script that submitters and
>>> reviewers can run to see what's going to be committed, and some level of
>>> project consensus that this is how patches should be posted.
>>
>> What kind of scripting are you thinking of?  pwclient should be able to
>> download a patch from patchwork and apply it, giving you an indication
>> of what a patch is going to look like.
>
>The patch isn't the problem.  It's the commit subject, author and commit
>message that I'm after.

Supposing that patches created with git format-patch are posted, which can
then be applied with git am --scissors, do you foresee any problems with
Reviewed-by statements and friends?  I mean, are you trying to match
[exactly] the patch on the mailing list with the patch that has been
actually committed.