This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Disable -Wmaybe-uninitialized for total_deadline in sunrpc/clnt_udp.c [committed]
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:15:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: Disable -Wmaybe-uninitialized for total_deadline in sunrpc/clnt_udp.c [committed]
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/2/19 3:12 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> To work around <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=91691>
> for RV32, we recently disabled -Wmaybe-uninitialized for some inline
> functions in inet/net-internal.h, as included by sunrpc/clnt_udp.c.
> The same error has now appeared with current GCC trunk for MIPS, in a
> form that is located at the definition of the variable in question and
> so unaffected by the disabling in inet/net-internal.h. Thus, this
> patch adds the same disabling around the definition of that variable,
> to cover the MIPS case.
> Tested with build-many-glibcs.py (compilers and glibcs stages) for
> mips64-linux-gnu with GCC mainline.
> 2019-10-02 Joseph Myers <email@example.com>
> * sunrpc/clnt_udp.c: Include <libc-diag.h>.
> (clntudp_call): Disable -Wmaybe-uninitialized around declaration
> of total_deadline.
THanks. My tester started complaining about this too. Not sure what
changed on the GCC side. Thanks for GCC bug report. I expect to look
at all the Wuninitialized bugs during stage3 (I do that every year ;-)