This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ld.so: Enable preloading of new symbol versions [BZ #24974]
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 11:21:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld.so: Enable preloading of new symbol versions [BZ #24974]
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/2/19 7:36 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Can we please move the discussion forward?
I think we've settled on:
* No env var.
* Add a DT_ tag to disable the check.
* Users building the special preload DSOs need to set the
new DT_ tag.
* Everything else is OK.
The DT_ tag prevents the user from having to do anything
other than just preload the library which is something
that users have experience doing.
What's the next step? New patch with new DT_ entries for
use with this?