This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: rseq notes from Cauldron
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu dot desnoyers at efficios dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 14:32:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: rseq notes from Cauldron
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Florian Weimer:
> We definitely want to eliminate the intermediate states related to
> __rseq_handled and __rseq_handled itself. This requires an
> early-initialization callback from the dynamic loader to libc. This
> is something we (as the libc maintainers) need to provide, and it is
> generally useful for other stuff as well (such as setting up
> __libc_multiple_libcs correctly). I'm not sure if I can work on this
> before October, though.
I'm looking at this now. We have something very much like this already,
in the form of the DL_STATIC_INIT mechanism. I'm going to clarify
what's going on, clean it up, and enable it on all architectures.