Re: run one test

"Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> writes:
> Does this avoid rebuilding *anything* else?

It uses the internal dependency tree to generate the *.out file, but
does not artificially limit what that tree might rebuild.

> One of the problems with the suggested fix on the wiki is that it can
> put your tree into a bad state because of missing dependencies you
> might rebuild only part of glibc and fail.
>
> For example if $t.out depends on libpthread.so, then what happens
> if you've touched a file under nptl/? Likewise for libdl.so?

It does not do the implied "make" that "make check" does, if that's what
you're asking.  It literally just reruns the one test - rebuilding the
test itself if needed, but not rebuilding libc.so because there's no
dependency on it.

So you'd need to run "make && make onetest t=..." if you want to rebuild
libc.so first.

> And I suggest 'make onecheck' to match 'make xcheck' and 'make check' :-)

Let the bikeshedding begin!  :-)