This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] sysdeps/riscv/start.S: rename .Lload_gp to load_gp (bug 24376)
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at sifive dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 09:24:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] sysdeps/riscv/start.S: rename .Lload_gp to load_gp (bug 24376)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM Andreas Schwab <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24 2019, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > * Andreas Schwab:
> >> Renaming the symbol keeps the label in the symbol table as a normal local
> >> label, so that `objdump -d' can pick it up as an anchor.
> > Perhaps use startup_load_gp instead, so that it's less ambiguous in
> > the debugging information?
> It's a local label, so no conflict possible.
That's not what he was saying.