Re: How to handle long running tests in nptl.

Hi!
> How to handle those long running tests with respect of "make check" runtime?
> - reduce runtime by reducing number of iterations or seconds
> - move those tests to "make xcheck"
> - reduce runtime while running "make check" and rerun with unchanged
> runtime in "make xcheck"
> - change nothing
> - other ideas?

We do have a nice fuzzy sync library in LTP that is designed especially
to trigger race conditions, which was developed to speed up LTP CVE
related tests. With this library runtime for race test can usually be
reduced from minutes to couple of seconds.

See:
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/blob/master/include/tst_fuzzy_sync.h

We also plan to prepare a talk about this library for next FOSDEM in
order to spare people from reinventing the wheel again and again.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz