This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/6] ldbl-128ibm-compat: Add regular character printing functions
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot net dot br>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 16:28:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] ldbl-128ibm-compat: Add regular character printing functions
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20190815153021.40983ca5@tereshkova> <20190902110321.48d0a1b2@tereshkova>
* Gabriel F. T. Gomes:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Gabriel F. T. Gomes wrote:
>>On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>>Why isn't the assignment to obj-suf-foreach dead?
>>Oh! There's a hunk missing in this patch. It should have the following
>>+$(call obj-suf-foreach,$(ldbl-ibm128-files)): \
>>+ sysdep-CFLAGS += -mabi=ibmlongdouble
>>I accidentally removed it when preparing the patch for submission. Sorry
>>and thanks for catching it.
>>It does not affect the test results because there's nothing currently
>>adding -mabi=ieeelongdouble to the build of powerpc64le files. Anyway,
>>I'll reinstate this hunk locally, because it makes it clear *and explicit*
>>that these files must be built with -mabi=ibmlongdouble, regardless of
>>what becomes the default (if the default changes).
> Are you OK with this explanation (and amendment)? I like the idea of
> making it explicit that -mabi=ibmlongdouble is required for these files.
Sure, but it's not clear to me what the current state of the entire
series. Is there a branch on sourceware with the updated set of