Re: RISC-V test results

On 8/5/19 10:24 AM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Thu, 1 Aug 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:

  Good point!  I wasn't aware of this dependency on these libraries, so I
have double-checked what was going on here.

This is a longstanding known issue - see
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.30#Architecture-independent -
but we should of course try to fix such issues (and architecture-specific
ones as well) to get closer to the baseline of "make check" just working
and producing clean results rather than needing to compare with a list of
known issues.

  Noted.

  For the record here are new rv64imafdc/lp64 results:

FAIL: elf/tst-rtld-preload
FAIL: elf/tst-tls12
FAIL: inet/tst-idna_name_classify
FAIL: io/ftwtest
FAIL: libio/tst-wfile-sync
FAIL: locale/tst-locale-locpath
FAIL: malloc/tst-malloc-usable-tunables
UNSUPPORTED: malloc/tst-mallocstate
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-fesetexcept-traps
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-fexcept-traps
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-matherr
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-matherr-2
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-nearbyint-except
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-nearbyint-except-2
UNSUPPORTED: misc/tst-pkey
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-cond-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-condattr-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutex-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutexattr-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlock-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlockattr-printers
FAIL: nptl/tst-cancel7
FAIL: nptl/tst-cancelx7
UNSUPPORTED: posix/tst-glob_lstat_compat
UNSUPPORTED: posix/tst-spawn4-compat
UNSUPPORTED: resolv/tst-p_secstodate
UNSUPPORTED: resolv/tst-resolv-ai_idn
UNSUPPORTED: resolv/tst-resolv-ai_idn-latin1
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_init
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_init-thread
Summary of test results:
      11 FAIL
    5920 PASS
      19 UNSUPPORTED
      19 XFAIL

and for comparison also new rv64imafdc/lp64d results:

FAIL: elf/tst-rtld-preload
FAIL: elf/tst-tls12
FAIL: io/ftwtest
FAIL: libio/tst-wfile-sync
FAIL: locale/tst-locale-locpath
FAIL: malloc/tst-malloc-usable-tunables
UNSUPPORTED: malloc/tst-mallocstate
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-fesetexcept-traps
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-fexcept-traps
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-matherr
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-matherr-2
UNSUPPORTED: math/test-nearbyint-except-2
UNSUPPORTED: misc/tst-pkey
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-condattr-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutexattr-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlockattr-printers
FAIL: nptl/tst-cancel7
FAIL: nptl/tst-cancelx7
UNSUPPORTED: posix/tst-glob_lstat_compat
UNSUPPORTED: posix/tst-spawn4-compat
UNSUPPORTED: resolv/tst-p_secstodate
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_init
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_init-thread
FAIL: stdlib/tst-strfrom
FAIL: stdlib/tst-strfrom-locale
Summary of test results:
      12 FAIL
    5925 PASS
      13 UNSUPPORTED
      19 XFAIL

Both completed with a timeout factor of 600 in ~18.5 and ~19 hours
respectively.  I take it the reduction in the number of UNSUPPORTED test
cases comes from the installation of the `pexpect' package on the test
board, which I did having read your reference before the lp64d test run.

Please put these right into the wiki for the release:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.30

It helps to have multiple references to know that people are testing
and posting results.

Carlos.