Re: testroot.pristine creation falls over copying dynamic linker

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019, DJ Delorie wrote:

> The case that would fail would be if ldd reported something like this:
>
>   /a/somelib.so => /b/somelib.so
>
> and the dynamic linker expected to find it in /a/

As I understand it, /a/ here is always the canonical path (specified as
ELF interpreter), which may not actually exist, while /b/ is the path
actually present outside the testroot, so the only correct one for copying
from.  The glibc shared libraries copied at this stage shouldn't be very
relevant anyway, only other copied libraries (e.g. libgcc_s) - the glibc
shared libraries installed by the '$(MAKE) install
DESTDIR=$(objpfx)testroot.pristine' ought to be the ones that matter.

(It would, however, be desirable for such a change to be tested both with
and without --enable-hardcoded-paths-in-tests, in addition to any other
variants that might be relevant for testing.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com