Re: Translator comment might be helpful

Hello,

Jochen Hein wrote:

Hallo,

we have the following string to translate:
     https://translationproject.org/latest/libc/de.po

#: elf/pldd.c:184
#, c-format
msgid "no valid %s/task entries"

File has two more strings with %s/task

The message got added with
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;f=elf/pldd.c;h=1a4c27355e146b6d8cc6487b998462c7fdd1048f
and has a nice commit message. Looking at the source we replace %s with
/proc/<pid>.  That's not obvious for a translator, so we might translate
it wrong or misleading.

3 messages are related to openat(dir-as-fd, "task" ,

Would it be useful to add a translator's comment like:

%s will be replaced with /proc/<pid>, so please translate accordingly

Perhaps in those 3 translation items could clarified that %s/task is like path.

Regards,
Roumen Petrov