Re: dlinfo for the calling shared library

* Zack Weinberg:

> Do we have a supported way to make dlinfo() queries for the shared
> library from which the call originates, without the library having to
> know its own soname?  (If it knows its own soname, it can call dlopen
> on itself, but I'm looking into a scenario where that information is
> not available.)

dladdr1 with RTLD_DL_LINKMAP returns the link map, which has a public
l_name member in <link.h>.  If you do not want to use the handle/link
map equivalence, you could dlopen l_name, and that should give you back
the same handle in an official way.

Thanks,
Florian