This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] <semaphore.h>: Add nonnull attributes
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Yann Droneaud <ydroneaud at opteya dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 08:42:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] <semaphore.h>: Add nonnull attributes
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Yann Droneaud:
> Except the following functions, NPTL implementation assume sem_t
> argument (or other arguments) are not NULL, so they would benefit
> from having the nonnull attribute.
> - sem_close(): can cope with a NULL sem_t and return -1 with error EINVAL;
> - sem_destroy(): does nothing at all
> * sysdeps/pthread/semaphore.h (sem_init): Add __nonnull attribute.
> (sem_destroy, sem_open, sem_close, sem_unlink): Likewise.
> (sem_wait, sem_timedwait, sem_trywait, sem_post): Likewise.
> (sem_getvalue): Likewise.
Yann, do you need help with isntalling this patch?