This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: history of nsswitch internals...
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 21:17:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: history of nsswitch internals...
DJ Delorie <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Moving this hash to a single central (static, persistent) hash should
> simplify maintenance of that hash and its memory, instead of having it
> spread across many per-service structures.
Caveat: found out the hard way that the current model "happens to"
enforce the library search order, by simply starting with an empty hash
for each service... and the hashed function doesn't include the dll
name, despite the functions *in* the dlls including them. Sigh.